Sunday, February 2, 2014

Shrimp kisses and other bits of delightfulness

I'd like to introduce you to Erika Skublickaite. She's the creator of Scuba Drawings, which is now two years old. If you aren't familiar with her work, take a moment to drop by and enjoy her unique and whimsical approach and tell her congrats while you're at it. It has been an honor to have her as a Featured Artist at Ink & Alchemy for quite some time now and I've enjoyed seeing her business grow.







January is gone and I've managed to squelch my perfectionism and keep my creative momentum going into the new month. This in itself is a small victory. I'm still working my way through Lifebook 2014 and will be all year so you'll be seeing bits and pieces from that course. Here are a few images from this past week's assignment:



This month has been dubbed The Month of Amore in our house. February marks our wedding anniversary (the big three this year), our first date, and Valentine's Day. The Don gets most of the credit; he came up with the idea and is an expert at coming up with small surprises and treats on a regular basis, but this year I've got a few tricks up my sleeve as well. One of them is called The Boozy Brunch of Amore and will take place next Sunday morning. I got the idea from this book. I'm pretty excited!

Last night we dined on Shrimp Kisses with feta cheese, two different types of peppers stuffed with cheese, and baby pockets of brie with blueberries, which was adapted from the linked recipe. We used blueberries instead of cherries. The meal was topped off with Mary Pickford cocktails  made with fresh pineapple juice. 






You can see that I have my work cut out for me this month to keep up with my husband. Luckily, I don't think he actually expects me to keep up with him. He's pretty terrific.


I got started by making this rustic pear tart for dessert this evening.



Have you noticed that we tend to express our affection through food?  I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. My life has been so much more delicious since I found The Don. 

In preparation to beginning a new project in the studio, I got out a nice, fresh sheet of paper. Guess what happened next?


Yep. Groucho decided to roll around on it. I'm wondering if I should start adding "cat hair" when I list the media used for my artwork. I'm wishing you a wonderful and creative week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.