Sunday, February 23, 2014

Feasts


Today's featured artist is Lia Porto.


Lia is based in Argentina and works in mixed media and collage. Her work is informed by nature and takes on organic form.






 Find more about this artist at her website.


The Don and I had much to celebrate during the month of February, so we took an overnight trip to Santa Fe on The Rail Runner. On the drive, we passed some incredible graffiti, most of which I failed to capture by photograph. 



While we were there, we visited SITE Santa Fe for the first time. SITE is a center for contemporary art and is currently housing an exhibit called Feast: Radical Hospitality in Modern Art, which came to them from the University of Chicago SMART Museum. We adore art, but neither of us have much patience for pretension, and we weren't quite sure what to expect. We had a wonderful time. Our tour host was very gracious and in the end, we only wished we'd had a little more time to explore the exhibit.



My past experience with Santa Fe has been limited to the Plaza but this time we stuck to the Railyard district, which was terrific. I loved it so much that I briefly considered pitching a tent on the sidewalk and staying indefinitely. It wouldn't have been terribly difficult to carry out this endeavor since there was an REI conveniently placed near the tracks. In the end, I decided I couldn't live without The Don and came home, although he did offer to come visit me periodically.



We stayed at the Hacienda at Hotel Santa Fe and had dinner at the Amaya restaurant.  



I found my new favorite Flying Star Restaurant.



And we made it home safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.