Sunday, November 25, 2012

Civility, where are you?

I've just returned from Las Vegas and I'm still stupefied by excellent food and drink we experienced. Even better than the embarrassing amount of deliciousness we enjoyed was the company. It was great to visit with friends and spend time together. 


Although  Zumanity was terrific, it was less scandalous than I had expected. And hilarious! The performances and acrobatics were incredible.


We had a chance to drop by the art gallery at the Bellagio and view an exhibition of French impressionist and pointillist art, including quite a few Monets. Landscapes are not my favorite artistic subject, but I was fascinated by the pieces and the techniques. It was a great learning experience and I gained a whole new appreciation for art of this ilk.


While away for the past few days, I did manage to get in some writing time. I'm still a bit behind on my NaNoWriMo word count, but I'm confident that I can catch up. Currently: 38,365/41,666.


I'm exhausted and my darling husband has prepared a delicious pasta for dinner. The smell is beckoning me at this very moment, so I won't subject you to a long post, but I would like to offer a brief comment. Either I'm becoming crankier or people are becoming ruder. I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Can't we all just be civil to one another? 


My goal this week?  I'm going to be as pleasant as possible, even to the annoying rude people, in hopes that the world will be just a teeny bit nicer because of it. And if not, maybe I'll at least learn to be a better, more patient person. God knows I could benefit from that. 



My apologies for this somewhat terse information-dump of a blog post. I'll do better next time. :)  I'm wishing each of you a beautiful week!



The art you see in this post was created by Wendy McWilliams.  I encourage you to visit her website, or check out her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.