Sunday, May 6, 2012

Go read something

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.  - P.J. Rourke


This is the literary equivalent of wearing nice underwear in case you get into a wreck. To this end, try these:



If you need me, I will be in the library. Yes, I now have a library.  We don't actually have comfy chairs in there yet, but we have shelves, books, and a cat, which I think qualifies it as a library.  Oh, and a globe.  Which isn't required, but is highly recommended.  The fact that the globe can also serve as a bar is just an added bonus.  I'm very excited! 

Many thanks to my hard-working husband.  He has redone this room from scratch to build a library for me.  It will be awhile before it's complete because he's designing built-in bookcases which go to the ceiling. A  must-have for the rolling library ladder (!).  You can't tell from this photo, but the ceiling is asymmetrical, so it will take some serious planning to make this work.  The shelves you see here are a temporary placeholder, but we're off to a great start.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.