Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Before I Die _____________.

This is inspiring and thought-provoking. Candy Chang  transformed an abandoned house in New Orleans into a huge chalkboard on which to write one's aspirations.  She has many other incredible community art projects which are worth a look.

You can find her blog here, and the project site for Before I die... here.  I love the idea of walls, covered in hopes and dreams, cropping up all over the world.  What a lovely idea!  As I read this, I began wondering what I would write if there were such a wall here in Albuquerque. Due to what I prefer to call my 'dynamic nature' but others probably just call a pain-in-the-ass, I think my answer would change on a regular basis.  I'm constantly in revision.  Forcing myself to pin it down to ONE goal, I'm settling on:

Before I die I want to learn how to be comfortable in my own skin.  Yep.  Just be completely satisfied with being me. Maybe it'll happen.  I sure hope so!  How about you?  What would you write if the chalk were in your hand right now?














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.