Thursday, January 19, 2012

Writing




I'm trying to get back into the writing mode over here and it's not easy. Social media is not helping. I have a Twitter account now; a completely addicting waste of time.   My very favorite method of procrastination involves reading other people's stuff.  And lord knows, there is enough stuff out there to keep me busy for millenia. We've all heard that in order to write well, we must READ.  I call this reading my 'research' in order to justify it to myself, because it's nothing more than avoidance of that terrifying blank page.  At this very moment, I'm blogging instead of writing a piece to submit to Short, Fast, and Deadly, which is my goal for this evening.  Can you believe it?!  I'm still blogging.  I can't seem to stop.  

Okay.  I'm going to stop now.  While I'm gone, read this to keep yourself busy.  Consider it research.