Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bringing in the new...

First, let me say - HELLO, ADAM!  :)

2011 is heading out the door and I can't say that I have any regrets.  This has been a year of big events for me; I got married, snapped up a brand new graduate degree, and my daughter got married then left for the Air Force. It's no wonder that I'm tired!  Within all of this bustle and activity, I've been aware of some personal goals that I want to accomplish, but I've been waiting for the dust to settle before applying myself seriously.  

1.) Art
2.) Writing

Thanks to the help and encouragement of my darling husband, I've managed to put in some studio time, and this has helped me to gain more confidence and creativity in my artistic endeavors.  I have a long way to go, but at least I'm taking steps to get there.  Don is helping me to set up my own website to promote my art and possibly also my writing.  Ah, the writing.  I have gotten short stories and poems published (4 this year and 4 last year).  I have several goals this year related to my writing.  First, I need to write more regularly in order develop my voice and craft.  I also need to submit more, to more lofty publications.  Finally, I am working on a novel and my goal is to finish this before 2012 ends.  

I've been remiss on updating the blog.  Here are two recent pieces I've finished:





Another piece in progress:



I received some lovely gifts for the holidays, including this gorgeous bag...



...a triumphant Buddha...


...and papermaking supplies!



Happy New Year!!!!!