Friday, June 24, 2011

Glimpses of Albuquerque

This first picture was taken by accident, but when I found it on the camera and saw the blue, blue, blue of the sky, I knew it was the best pic of them all.  

The gorgeous sky is of many reasons that I love this city.


All photos taken today, 6/24/11. 

A water pipe disguised as an elephant, which is further disguised as Buddha.

Proud lion.  I can't decide if the defacement makes him better or worse.

Gaudy fence.

This is Proud Lion's brother, and he needs a shave.  Or some hedge clippers.  Edward Scissorhands, where are you when we need you?

Metal sculpture. Roadrunner?
Sculpture 2.

There is no explanation for this except I like windows and this one looked cool and inviting.

...and shabby chic!

No, your eyes are not deceiving you - this ENTIRE truck is covered with discarded motherboards and the like.  I wanted to get a better photo, but the traffic prevented that.  Damn these motorists.  It's like they think they own the road.

Interesting puffy blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.