Saturday, January 22, 2011

Flash fiction genius

There's a lot going on over here.  We're getting married in 2 weeks - can't wait!  I just got this incredible engagement ring last night and am still stunned about the whole thing.  I love it!  I've always has a secret hankering for a ruby, and this is a whopper!


It looks even prettier in person!  Thanks to modern technology, the ceremony will be posted via a web uplink.  lol!  

Everyone at work has been bowled over by either the flu or a nasty head cold.  I, on the other hand, have been cockily swaggering around the hallways congratulating myself on my robust immune system.  I thought I was too tough to get sick, but I was so wrong!  I have been sick all week, and to make it worse, classes resumed this week so there wasn't much of a chance to recuperate.  I'm starting to rally now, but unfortunately I have passed on this deadly disease to my fiance. 

I received and read a collection of short stories -more like flash fiction really - by Ethel Rohan.  I had read a couple of pieces by her at various online journals, but nothing prepared me for her collection.  It's called Cut Through the Bone and you can buy it at Dark Sky Magazine. Buy it.  Read it.  Droll with envy at the way she packs so much meaning into so few words.  Marvel at how each story stands on its own, but the entire collection makes a statement about being human.  I am in awe of this woman's writing.

A new batch of books arrived from Amazon.  It looks like I have plenty to read on the bus.  :~)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.