Sunday, November 21, 2010

Shakespeare, books, and art

 The weekend started off with a bang.  First, dinner at Vivace,  then off to the Kimo to see what we expected to be a live rendition of Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost.  Evidently, we're both lazy readers because we were chagrined to realize, upon arrival, that it was actually Shakespeare in Cinema. It was performed in London's Globe Theater and filmed.  We were delighted to find that the play was hilarious (neither of us had ever read it or seen it performed), and it was artfully filmed.  What a lovely way to spend a Friday evening.  Check out the trailer here.  My new favorite saying is - 

O, I am stabbed with laughter!
      - Love's Labour's Lost (Boyet at V, ii)



In between, I spent quite a bit of time working on papers for school, but that wasn't really very much fun, so I won't bore you with the details.

My boyfriend made delicious meals and we are having beef carbonade tonight for movie night.  If you haven't ever tasted this, I HIGHLY recommend it.  Tonight is movie night, it's my movie pick - I haven't made up my mind yet though. 

Last week, we started a new Word of the Week game, in which we take turns picking a word to integrate into our vocabularies.  Last week I picked 'aberration', but I failed to post it.

 ab·er·ra·tion 

1.the act of departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
2.the act of deviating from the ordinary, usual, or normal type.

This week's word is 'akimbo' which is normally used as an adverb or an adjective and means with hand on hip and elbow bent outward: to stand with arms akimbo.

I hope your weekend was as satisfying as mine was!  :~)













 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.