Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Art planner

So many things to do, so little time!  I am interested in EVERYTHING and there just isn't enough time in the day, what with this pesky little career taking most of the daylight hours.  Hmpt. Also, this new-found but oh-so-powerful blog addiction is a little time consuming.  Not that I'm spending hours writing or designing my blog, that much is obvious even from this feeble little post.  Rather, I could spend all day just reading the blogs of others.  There are so many talented and creative people in this world!  God, I love them.  I am intrigued by their creative processes and I want to hang their art all over my house.  I need to rein this in somehow.  Do I sketch?  Paint?  Write?  Blog?  Maybe I need to schedule art time in my planner?  Or would this fly in the very face of creativity?  Hmmmm.  I may give it a try and see what happens.  In the meantime, I hope you are reading a very good book.  I am - it's called Housekeeping by Marilynn Robinson and it is sparse & simply gorgeous.  Give it a go!