Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Struggling Artist

Having just completed a degree in chemistry, the first thing I did was sit down and paint a picture. Hmmm. Not what I expected either, but the fact is that I want to be a writer or an artist when I grow up. I really wish I had used the past six & 1/2 years to sit in coffee shops and write or sketch. Don't get me wrong - I understand the need for a reliable paycheck, and this science gig has allowed me to finish (just about!) raising two kids by myself. But, having begun college later in life (at 34), I understand how precious time is. Time cannot be stockpiled.

That first painting was on sketch paper. I just finished my first painting on canvas, and admittedly, it's not all that great. But, you know what? I don't care. I feel good when I paint and that's the important thing. We cannot get this time back. Use today to do something that makes your heart happy because the future is now. The Future is Now is, in fact, the title of my first painting on canvas.

Now, go paint something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending your valuable time with my blog. I&A welcomes all feedback and comments.